in Everett, WA
Madison Street Dental Clinic is proud to offer quality pediatric dentistry services to the infants, toddlers, preteens, teens, and adolescents of Everett, WA, and the surrounding areas. Our kid-friendly staff and comfortable environment will ensure your child's time at the dentist's office is positive and relaxing. We look forward to working alongside you to establish oral care habits for lifelong healthy smiles.
When Should Your Child First See a Dentist?
The American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommend scheduling your child's first dental visit within six months of the first tooth appearing and no later than the first birthday. That will allow us to monitor your child's oral development and address any issues as they develop.
Why Maintain Healthy Baby Teeth?
Keeping your child's smile healthy and sound provides lifelong benefits. Baby teeth maintain the space the adult teeth growing behind the scenes need to come-in correctly. They also play a vital role in speech development and the healthy growth of the jaw and facial muscles. Moreover, they facilitate chewing, ensuring that your child receives the needed nutrition to stay healthy.
Losing primary teeth prematurely due to cavities or damage can impact your child's oral health. The neighboring teeth may begin shifting out of alignment, leading to crooked teeth or a crowded mouth, potentially requiring orthodontic intervention down the road.
What Are Some Common Pediatric Dentistry Procedures?
Following are some of the preventive and restorative dental treatments we offer to our young patients:
- Dental Exams: We will evaluate the health of your child's teeth, jaw, and oral tissues, and will rule out any abnormalities that may cause future problems. We may recommend preventive or restorative procedures as needed to maintain your child's healthy smile.
- Dental Cleanings: Healthy smiles start with routine cleanings for your child. During your visits, we'll show your little one how to brush, floss, and will develop a health care regimen that will set the stage for a lifetime of optimal oral health.
- Dental Crowns and Fillings: Crowns and fillings help repair decayed or damaged teeth, fully restoring their form, strength, and function.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride strengthens the tooth enamel, making it more resistant to tooth decay and cavities. Moreover, it can help remineralize teeth, reversing early decay.
- Dental Sealants: Sealants are clear protective coatings that seal off the grooves and crevices on the chewing surfaces of your child's molars and premolars to keep tooth decay and cavities at bay.
- Space Maintainers: If your child loses a tooth prematurely, a space maintainer will help keep the neighboring teeth from shifting, preserving the space needed for the adult teeth to come in correctly.
- Sports Mouthguards: Our custom made mouthguards provide protection from damage to the teeth, gums, and soft tissue during athletic activities, especially high contact sports.
- Emergency Services: Life is full of surprises, including dental emergencies, and your trusted team at Madison Street Dental Clinic is here to help!
Quality Pediatric Dentistry Services Near Me
Visit Madison Street Dental Clinic in Everett, WA, to learn more about our preventive and restorative pediatric dentistry services. Our goal is for our young patients to maintain long-term healthy smiles.
Call us and schedule your child's appointment today!