in Everett, WA
Dental crowns restore weak, missing, or damaged teeth to their full form and function. They also provide a stable anchor for partial dentures and bridges. Crowns come in various materials, including porcelain, ceramic, metal, composite resin, or a combination of materials. We, at Madison Street Dental Clinic, are proud to introduce our valued patients to zirconia crowns, the relatively new material that provides the strength of metal with the natural look of porcelain!
Zirconia Crowns Overview
Zirconia Crowns are made of zirconium, a practically indestructible crystal that can withstand wear and tear. The material is biocompatible and has not been shown to cause any allergic reactions or to be rejected by the body, making it popular in the medical field. Zirconium has been successfully used to create many appliances, such as artificial joints. It is now used by dentists to provide quality, durable, and aesthetic restorations.
What Are the Types of Zirconia Crowns?
There are two types of zirconia crowns: Solid and high translucent. Solid zirconia crowns are tougher than the high translucent alternative and can withstand chewing forces better. This material, being opaque, is best suited for back teeth. High translucent zirconia crowns, on the other hand, deliver an appearance that closely resembles your natural teeth. They are best suited for front teeth because of their aesthetic results. High translucent zirconia crowns are incredibly durable, providing more strength than porcelain fused to metal crowns.
Why Choose Zirconia Crowns?
Zirconia crowns deliver unparalleled restorative and cosmetic results. You'll enjoy the comfort, security, durability, and appearance of your natural teeth. Choosing zirconia crowns provides many advantages, including the following:
- Incredibly Durable: Zirconia crowns are nearly indestructible, easily withstanding the most vigorous chewing and biting pressure. In fact, the zirconium crystal is five times as strong as porcelain!
- Resistant to Temperature Extremes: Zicornium is resistant to extreme hot and cold temperatures, which lowers tooth sensitivity that may occur with other types of crowns.
- Biocompatible: Because of zirconium's biocompatible properties, zirconia crowns have a lower chance of causing infections, complications, pain, discomfort, or allergic reactions.
- More Conservative: A layer of the original tooth needs to be removed for any type of dental crown to fit. The strength of the zirconium crystal means that a thinner layer is required for the crown, resulting in having to remove less of the tooth structure to accommodate the restoration.
- Easily Modified: Despite their strength, zirconia crowns are easily shaped, sized, and colored to match your natural teeth, delivering flawless, natural-looking, and feeling restorations.
- Great Cosmetic Solution: Zirconium is preferred over porcelain in covering up and hiding tooth imperfections caused by staining or fractures due to their strength and aesthetic results.
Zirconia Crowns Near Me
Visit Madison Street Dental Clinic in Everett, WA, to learn more about the many benefits of zirconia crowns and to determine if they are right for you. Our team will skillfully and artistically deliver durable restorations for healthy, functional smiles. You can always trust us for outstanding care and services.
Call us and schedule your appointment today!